Monday, October 5, 2009

Bible Study

met a woman named jolie. she knows His word. I SO want to know and devour His word like she does. why? because its vital. I think 1 Corinthians truly could have been writted straight to me.

They are called Fleshy.
They are believers, they know His power, they have experienced His holy spirit. Yet they-
boast in themselves, and each other, and the newest apostles..speakers..preachers
they think they know something.
they are pretty sure they are living this thing..Christianity correctly.
my favorite part is where Paul says the following and kind of starts playing with them..

1 Corinthians 4:
8You are already filled, you have already become rich, you have become kings without us; and indeed, I wish that you had become kings so that we also might reign with you.

oh katie have you already arrived at this thing..gosh i wish i could be a king of the faith like you are, you worship so well...i can hear the apostles of old and my King even now.

9For, I think, God has exhibited us apostles last of all, as men condemned to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
10We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are prudent in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are distinguished, but we are without honor.
11To this present hour we are both hungry and thirsty, and are poorly clothed, and are roughly treated, and are homeless;
12and we toil, working with our own hands; when we are reviled, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure;
13when we are slandered, we try to conciliate; we have become as the scum of the world, the dregs of all things, even until now.

this..this is what the women and the men of the faith that have gone before me endured. they did this all for His GLORY alone.
yep..I am just beginning on this road and need repentance, humility and grace more and more.

14I do not write these things to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children.

father as your child. I need your dicipline. I treasure it, help me treasure it. I want to desire your precepts more and more. I want to walk in obedience for each moment, knowing that the mystery of your word- the cross, will do its work as I do mine.

Bible Study. A new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I have this same desire so much! My problem is I am ADD and a procratinator...those do not go well together so I struggle with this all of the time. Thanks for the verses
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete