Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seams and Stiches

It is my hope and would be my joy for this blog to serve as a sounding board for a mentoring experiement. I want to spend this next year living Titus 2. I am excited for the Lord to bring faces and stories into my life that can teach me the ways He has chosen. I believe this and His word will serve as a changing agent in my life and story, offering in the end Him more Glory and Praise.

But there is no place to begin than where it began. As I sat at a dinner with my nana on family vacation listening for the first time intently about her love story I realized again the strength of where I am from. I realized His desire above all to be realized in my daily life and the effect that will have on the generations. I cannot wait to begin, learning about my own apron strings and others; allowing Him to tie me up. May I become bound beautifully to His word, virtues and heart.
I am from Poem

I am from women who love women, from Tuna Noodle Casserole, consignment stores & cheese and crackers.
I am from the house that wants you to stay awhile, laugh a lot and sit around the table.
I am from the front yard flowers that I never stopped to smell.
I am from Thursday night treats and big booties, from Betty Jo and Deborah and Jessi who are strong enough to change the spelling or names all together.
I am from good intentions and people pleasing. I am from sisters who laughed and fought harder than anyone else.
From being called “Hollywood” & “Number One”. I am from believing those for way to long.
I am from a calling to surrender to Him that began generations ago and gets louder and stronger with time.
I am from city streets and country barns, from new family and familiar closeness.
I am from a woman who fell in love with a man who was way to fresh, who made a little girl who fell in love with a man who was way to free, who made a woman who fell in love with a man that was way to good.
I am from a woman who lost her life to find it by serving without complaint- one who didn’t deserve to be served. I am from a woman who lost her life to find it by sacrificing for girls who didn’t deserved to be sacrificed for.
I am from women who somehow always knew they were not serving or sacrificing for men or people but for Him.
I am from women who seek healing and a fathers love. I am from a woman who knows where to get her needs met.
I am from women that teach, encourage, rebuke & expect but who above all love their girls.
I am from women who are easy for me to love because they are where I am from.

2 comments:

  1. wow. wow. wow. can I say anything meaningful after this? i think not. your writing is beautiful and heart-wrenching. your heart is unbelievably good coming from one who is not. your ability to bring Glory to Him is amazing. you and your sister, your hearts and your thoughts, honor Him and thus...bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! I love hearing your heart in your writing, it is a gift. Love you!

    ReplyDelete