Sunday, September 13, 2009

Re:enacting

wow, so i guess a word for me is passionate.
I have come to learn that I get very easily and quickly "moved" by a number of things.
But then I learned from that strength finders that I have an "activator" gene that really just wants to do at the end of the day, not star gaze or think about or even ponder for a moment but just do.

So today I felt crafty. I feel truly like a homemaker, whatever that is, more everyday. I know this bc I: A- love my home and actually wanna be there, B- clean it often and C- want people to come sit and stay awhile in it. So today I in a homemaker mode I felt extra crafty, then went to etsy..(not a good place when you feel that way w/ no money bc you decide)..

oh I could so do that..all I need is
So here I am at home with glue gun and buttons? from walmart. They were not on the list. Im thinking about getting a sewing machine with my bday money. So, I research online for about an hour, "how to sew" -googled.
I read this sweet ladies blog for 1 hr.& 30 min. getting all her tips and discarding when she kept calling me a reenactor. I thought this might be some cute way to say..taking it back ol school.
Till I found this picture of her, and many many others of all the dresses she was teaching how to make.

So ive decided (in my passion) in the last month I have tried to take on these things.

-cooking (gourmet style of course)

-couponing (getting all my groceries for "free" like they all say)

-sewing..? truly I did put on a button which felt beautiful, then tried to make a shirt with a fabric initial my sis gave me one time...that was terrible:)

-cleaning my house (like a crazy person..laura broch actually that is a professional ocd cleaner, she actually has me cleaning my showers with a magic eraser..what??those things are So valuable and def. for the paint on the walls!!!)

-bike riding, fully equipped- basket, bell, child rear seat, except I actually cannot pull both the girls except down the street and back bc I am that out of shape)

-be the worlds best scripture/ bible lesson teacher to my girls having them color scripture cards and with lots of fruitless (for now) conversation.

So here is where Im going.

Im about to be a reenactor. Meaning I'm going to reenact, not acting- so quickly. After all I do not want to end up looking like this woman, all kinds of passionate about maybe some...fruitless and silly looking endeavors.

Also here me say I dont want any women harmed in the making of this post, if thats your passion- its your passion. Somedays mine are jalapenos and oreos, there is no judgement here. Im just saying, I dont wanna be you, and a couple more hours blog scrolling..it could happen.

3 comments:

  1. I read this post and smile. I love this about you. It makes me happy to see you take up hobbies on any given night because you saw another woman do it, read about it on a blog, or simply had the idea. From painting to sewing to biking...you are quick to believe that you can do it and give it a shot. I love that after you've acted on several momentary hobbies you process through how you felt about them. Your bio in the book says that you believe that action is the best device for learning. You make a decision, you take action, you look at the result and you learn. So...you get the bike and take it on a spin, sew you a dress or paint us a picture. I believe in you, think you can do anything and know you will always learn from the ways you use your time. I love your teachable spirit. It takes a disciplined and wise woman to examine her actions and learn from herself. Lastly...what i love most about your little activator theme is that p178 says that you would be best partnered with someone who is strong strategic, who can help you look around the corner. I will be a man who is teachable, who looks around the corner chasing cautiously after you, allowing you to run and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you sweet funny, wonderful friend! I didn't know you were still blogging!!! I love you. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so can see this about you and love it! Isn't it amazing the way the Lord changes us in various seasons? Stay at home Momma feels so different than work out of home Momma. You're amazing.

    P.S. I think you should make one of those dresses...maybe in green? :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete